birding-aus

Kestrel with Leg Band

To: "Birding-aus (E-mail)" <>, "David Stowe" <>
Subject: Kestrel with Leg Band
From: "Greg" <>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 10:18:23 +1000
Hi David,

In the 1970's Graham and Annette Cam and I banded a number of Nankeen Kestrels in the Hawkesbury lowlands. It is unlikely that your bird is one of these due to the great time lapse but I would also be interested to know if someone is banding Kestrels there now. I know that Penny Olsen and others is/has been banding them in the Canberra area. A Kestrel that I banded at Woolooware, southern Sydney, was recovered at Moggill, Queensland so your bird may have travelled. The bird is definitely not one of mine as I always band on the right tarsus, except when using multiple bands like on Ospreys.

Regards

Greg Clancy