birding-aus

Ashbury birding update

To: "Grant Private name" <>
Subject: Ashbury birding update
From: "Penny Brockman" <>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:46:41 +1000
What's this about an Indian Ringneck coming into Bondi?  Escapee, in an
aviary or truly wild?

On 6/23/06, Grant Private name <> wrote:

Everyone,

Finally added Rainbow Lorikeet to the list!!!

Got out of the house yesterday and saw a bit of Sydney. First new bird was
Red Wattlebird flying over the road at Ashfield. An Indian Ringneck was
seen
coming into Bondi, and at Bondi Beach added Nankeen Kestrel, Aust. Magpie
and Raven, Silver Gull, Australasian Gannet (the most I've seen at any one
time, my non-birding friend was fascinated with their diving skills), and
heard an unidentifed corella species.

Back home I wouldn't look twice at the above species but down here I
appreciate them so much. Sat and watched a Feral Pigeon flying around the
beach and for the first time I actually appreciated it being there. It
wasn't a feral anymore, it was a bird!!

Anyways bored you all enough, off home tomorrow...yay!!

Grant Brosie