birding-aus

Volunteer Needed: Hall's Babbler

Subject: Volunteer Needed: Hall's Babbler
From: "Dean Portelli" <>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:55:24 +1000

  Volunteer Needed

  The Behavioural Ecology of Halls Babbler

  What: I am setting up a study population of Halls Babblers for my PhD
  research at the University of New South Wales. Fieldwork will
  primarily involve searching for groups of babblers and colour-banding
  birds*

  When: I intend to commence fieldwork by the beginning of July, and
  will be continuing with fieldwork at various times throughout the rest
  of the year.

  Where: My study site is a private property located just outside of
  Cunnamulla in south-west Queensland. Travel to the site can either be
  with me, by private vehicle, or possibly public transport to Dubbo
  where I could pick you up.

  Who: If youre interested I am looking for a reasonably fit person who
  can spend a minimum of two weeks out at the field site. Fieldwork will
  involve much walking (several kilometres per day) and long days out in
  the field with the birds, including dawn starts. No experience is
  necessary but keen enthusiasm for birds and working outdoors is highly
  desirable.

  * All necessary licences and permits, including Animal Ethics approval
  from the UNSW ACEC have been obtained for this research projecte