birding-aus

Back at Abberton

Subject: Back at Abberton
From: "Bill Jolly" <>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:14:19 +1000
G'day to everyone

We're just back from a trip to several birdy places.

In summary, the birding bits were in Darwin, Mumbai, Goa, Spain (Andalucia),
Wales, Florida, Trinidad, Costa Rica, Arizona and New Zealand, from 5 to 7
days each in most, just a few hours in some others, all spread over 7 weeks
or so.

I don't know when I'll ever get so far as to write up a detailed trip
report, but I have produced a list of species seen by location and if anyone
is interested I'll be pleased to email a copy.

If anyone would like to know more about locations, accommodations or guides
in any of those places, just let me know off-line and I'll be happy to share
our experiences with you.

Meanwhile, back home at Abberton we had two Black Falcons, a Spotted Harrier
and two Whistling Kites all in the air at the same time yesterday, and a
Grey Goshawk the day before. And a magnificent male Red-capped Robin has
moved in - the equal of any bird we saw on the whole trip!

Bill Jolly

"Abberton",
Lockyer Valley, Queensland.

(27º 34' 21" S; 152º 08' 21" E)