birding-aus

Bunya Mountains Trip

To: <>
Subject: Bunya Mountains Trip
From: "Lee & Margi" <>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 19:14:02 +1000
Hi all

Had a great time at the Bunya Mountains on the weekend, managed to add 9 new
birds to my list, those being

Superb Fairy Wren

Yellow Throated Scrubwren

Paradise Riflebird

Satin Bowerbird

Bassian Thrush

Eastern Spinebill

Crimson Rosella

Dusky Woodswallow

Wedge Tailed Eagle

Other birds we saw over the weekend included.

King Parrot

Eastern Yellow Robin

Golden Whistler

Silvereye

Grey Shrike Thrush

Pied Currawong

Torressian Crow

Pacific Baza

Double Bar Finch

Red Browed Finch

Straw Necked Ibis

Brush Turkey

Topnot Pigeon

Bar Shouldered Dove

Laughing Kookaburra

Willie Wagtail

Eastern Whipbird

White Browed Scrubwren

Brown Thornbill

Lewins Honeyeater

Olive Backed Oriole

Regent Bowerbird

Magpie

It was amazing to see so many Bowerbirds!

We even had one building a bower in the front yard of the house we stayed
in.  I'll post a story of its antics later in the week.  They were quite
amazing to watch in action.

Thanks

Lee