birding-aus

RFI - Cape York

To: birding aus <>
Subject: RFI - Cape York
From: David Stowe <>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 21:58:33 +1000
Hi all
I am going up to the Cape in August again and still need a bunch of species that i didn't find last time. Although i was the only real birder in our group and didn't know about Birding-aus back then!

If anyone can give me specific locations/tips etc for the following i would be really really appreciative! I will be going pretty much where-ever i need to go, including Weipa, Iron Range, Thursday Is, etc.

The list is:
Spotted Whistling Duck (are they still at Weipa?)
Red-cheeked Parrot
Northern Scrub robin
Yellow-legged Flycatcher
Tropical Scrub-wren
White-streaked Honeyeater
Rufous banded Honeyeater
Yellow-billed Kingfisher (heard them every day last time but couldn't see one!!!!)
Mangrove Golden Whistler
Pale White-eye
Fawn-breasted Bowerbird

Golden-shouldered Parrot (saw them but would love better views and photos - Does anyone know about camping at Artemis station etc)

Red Goshawk (again seen previously in the Kimberley but would love better photos)

Are any of the Button-Quail seen up there??

Also hoping to have a couple of days at Bowra on the way home. Again any tips around there would be great.

Thanks in advance
Dave Stowe

www.davidstowe.com.au