birding-aus

For Any Birders in the Sydney Area with a Literary Bent

Subject: For Any Birders in the Sydney Area with a Literary Bent
From: "" <>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:10:33 +1000
For any birders in the Sydney area I will be making two appearances at the
Sydney Writers festival over the next couple fo days. The first is tomorrow,
Friday 26th in the Richard Wherrett Theatre at the Sydney Theatre Company
space, 22 Hickson Road Walsh Bay at 11 AM. I am on a panel with two other
writers entitled "The Characters You Meet". And then on Saturday at 3:30 PM  I
will be "in conversation" with Caroline Baum at the Sydney Dance Company Studio
1, 4/5 Hickson Rd, Walsh Bay. The first session has a $10 charge I think, the
second is free. Each session is about an hour long. To book I think you'd have
to go to the festival website, www.swf.org.au

Sorry about the shameless self-promotion here, but as the theatres are 140 and
200 seats respectively, I didn't want all the other writers like Naomi Wolf and
Bryce Courtney to pick on me in the writer's room for not having a big crowd!
Don't let the scholarly facade fool you, these people can be vicious!

And also a huge thank you to Central Coast birders, in partciular Alan Morris
and Allan Benson for the incredible hopsitality they showed me during my all
too brief stay on Tuesday night. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as
I did.

Hoping i might see some of you over the next couple of days.

Sean