birding-aus

Re: New birds in Fig Tree Pocket, Brisbane - Eastern Spinebill

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Re: New birds in Fig Tree Pocket, Brisbane - Eastern Spinebill
From: "Myles" <>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 18:33:08 +1000
Chris, Re: your Eastern Spinebill in Figtree Pocket

I was in my backyard in The Gap, 9km west of Brisbane at approx 3:00pm on Saturday
20/5/06, and had about 10 minutes of company with a visiting Eastern
Spinebill. It was feeding on each of three flowering Grevilleas, several times in random sequence.

A beautiful new tick for me.  I even got a few  pictures to prove it.

First time in 3 yrs that any "small birds" have come to visit. Perhaps it is because I wave about and "carry on a bit" when I see the pesky Noisy Miners, and
there seem to be a few less around now, than when I didn't bother!

Myles.