birding-aus

Glossy roadtrip

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: Glossy roadtrip
From: "Evan Beaver" <>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 08:21:44 +1000
Right, I've got a list of sites, so I'm heading out at dawn tomorrow to
finally tick these enigmatic birds. I'll go from Lapstone to Mitchell
Park... is that the isolated part of Cattai NP off to the east a little? My
map's none to clear on the matter. I've been listening to their call and I
think I can immitate it so I'll just wander around calling and hopefully
start a conversation. From there on to Kurrajong, and north to Wheeny Creek.
Looking at the map I might drop in at Castlereagh Nature Reserve and Windsor
NR on the way to Cattai. If anyone wants to come the company would be
welcomed. And ditto your expertise. Drop me a line if anyone's interested.

--
Evan Beaver
Lapstone, Blue Mountains, NSW