birding-aus

re: Rare Birds on Cocos; Macronyx Yellow Wagtail

Subject: re: Rare Birds on Cocos; Macronyx Yellow Wagtail
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 03:16:00 EDT
Hi Mike and others,

Eastern Yellow Wagtail Motacilla tschutschensis is split by the AOU from
Yellow Wagtail M. flava. In Europe (like the Netherlands and some leading
magazine's from the UK) Yellow Wagtail has been split (by PCC) as: Yellow
Wagtail*
Motacilla flavissima,  Grey-headed Wagtail* Motacilla  thunbergi, Black-headed
Wagtail* Motacilla  feldegg, Spanish Wagtail* Motacilla  iberiae, Ashy-headed
Wagtail* Motacilla  cinereocapilla, Yellow-headed Wagtail*Motacilla lutea,
Green-headed Wagtail* Motacilla taivana, Kamchatka Wagtail* Motacilla
simillima,
Alaska Wagtail*  Motacilla  tschutschensis and White-headed Wagtail* Motacilla
leucocephala. Macronyx is not a full species as it is probably part of the
thunbergi. A bird i've seen in the NT few years (october 2002) ago resembled
taivana, but sadly no documentation has been taken by us.

Cheers,

Justin Jansen

Rare Birds on Cocos; Macronyx Yellow Wagtail

from [<A
HREF="http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=%2Bfrom%3Apterodroma%40bigpond.com&idxname=birding-aus&sort=date%3Alate";>Mike
 Carter</A>]  [<A
HREF="http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/cgi-bin/mesg.cgi?a=birding-aus&i=004801c67815%24df19e3a0%240100000a%40lan";>Permanent
 Link</A>][<A
HREF="http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/cgi-bin/extract-mesg.cgi?a=birding-aus&m=2006-05&i=004801c67815%24df19e3a0%240100000a%40lan";>Original</A>]

To:     "Edwin Vella" <m("ozemail.com.au","evella");<A
HREF=""></A>>,
"BIRDING-AUS" <m("vicnet.net.au","birding-aus");<A
HREF=""></A>>