birding-aus

Re. Windfarms

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Re. Windfarms
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 22:45:05 +1000
Dear All,
I think Alan Morris missed the point of my posting so I will spell it out. I believe that the International fossil fuel industry does its level best to nobble any potential replacement by the placement of agent provocateurs in many conservation movements and blind funding of many organisations. How many of these organisations can say for certainty where all their funding truly comes from?

It is a dirty world out there Alan and there many billions of dollars of investments in the fossil and nuclear fuel industries at stake.

I believe that it is time those of us who are conservation minded get behind the move for alternative energy sources instead of twittering around trying to block every one that comes up, which seems to be the fashion.

It is not the Planet that really at risk, dear old Gaia will survive, as she has survived disasters such as Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction event. I doubt that Homo sapiens could ever beat that. It is the survival of H. sapiens that is really at stake. But it could be argued that we are a parasitic species that would not be greatly missed by our fellow species and probably a good thing in the long run.

Well that's me off my soap box and nothing personal meant Alan, it is just my pet bee in my bonnet which escapes at times.

Cheers,
Carl Clifford
Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.yahoo.com ===============================