birding-aus

Late autumn in Turramurra, N Sydney

To: <>
Subject: Late autumn in Turramurra, N Sydney
From: "Tom and Mandy Wilson" <>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 13:26:08 +1000
Hi all
we have been having small groups of honeyeaters and Silvereyes going over
for a few weeks but I think my local Brown Gerygones have stayed put down at
Bobbin Head in Ku-Ring-Gai National Park.
However, in Turramurra, my two big indicators that it's getting cooler are
seeing White Headed Pigeons on the power lines next to Turramurra station (6
this morning, 22 is my best ever) and a much more visible "commute" of Musk
Lorikeets over my house - eastwards in the morning and west in the evening
(not sure where they come from/go to) .  So far this year, I've counted
about 100 in a 15 minute period at about 4:30-45.  In late June 2000, I
stood on the deck for an hour and counted over 1000, but have never seen
quite that many in subsequent years.
Cheers
Tom Wilson