birding-aus

Mystery Bird

To: <>
Subject: Mystery Bird
From: "Bob Cook" <>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 17:10:57 +1000
Just to change the subject from Sewage and associated doings - I have a
slight mystery bird I would like some help with.

This bird was photographed in the Mildura Waste Water Treatment Plant (here
we go again).  It was Robin-like in jizz, quite curious/confiding, but I am
sure it was bigger than Flame or Red-capped - maybe about Hooded size - also
about Golden Whistler size.

What is puzzling me is, for a robin, the lack of white on the outer, upper
tail feathers.

Could anyone who wants to help let me know by direct email & I will email
the photo.

Thanks in advance

Bob Cook

Mildura  VIC.