birding-aus

Hanzab Errors & Omissions

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Hanzab Errors & Omissions
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 18:00:45 +1000
G'day all,

How I wish there was a web page that listed the errors found in Hanzab !

Back in 2002 one correspondent to Birding-aus wrote >
"Yesterday I went on quite a journey of discovery, because I made the mistake
of assuming that everything you read in HANZAB is like The Word Of God. I
did a lot of sifting through my mental archive, and all the field guides,
until I realised the error was in HANZAB itself, and I was not going crazy."

A number of presumed errors have been posted on these pages, but unfortunately,
to my knowledge none have been collected together.

A year or two ago I wrote to the Hanzab team requesting they host a web page
where errors & omissions could be listed.
The idea was rejected at that time, owing to lack of resources.

Now that Hanzab 7 is in the post, I hope this issue can now be re-addressed.

Regards from
Bob Forsyth
Mount Isa, NW Qld.