birding-aus

Corio Bay Pied Oystercatchers

To: "'Russell Woodford'" <>, "'birding aus'" <>
Subject: Corio Bay Pied Oystercatchers
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:16:11 +0930
Now that is a bit unusual.

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From:
 On Behalf Of Russell Woodford
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 9:29 AM
To: birding aus

Morning all

A very pleasant sight at the front gate this morning ....  there were
15 Pied Oystercatchers near the Corio Bay Yacht Club (Corio Bay is a
southwestern arm of Port Philip in Victoria).  We sometimes get 4
here, but this number is extraordinary.  A little further along, near
the "Little Egret Tree" there was a single Intermediate Egret
standing beside a boat launching ramp.  From memory this is about the
3rd Int Egr I've seen along this shoreline in the last 5 years.  We
get Greats every month or so, and the Littles breed there over the
summer - they left a few weeks ago.

Cheers

Russell Woodford