birding-aus

Birds Australia Public Lecture (Vic)

Subject: Birds Australia Public Lecture (Vic)
From: Tim Dolby <>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 10:23:03 +1000
Hi birders,

The next public lecture of Birds Australia in Melbourne is on Thursday 6
April 2006 at 8:00pm. Please note that this months lecture is one week
earlier than our normal speaker night due to the Easter break.

We are very fortunate to have as our guest speaker wildlife ecologist
Matt Herring, who will be speaking about wetland management for
waterbirds. Based in Albury, Matt began research into the conservation
of waterbirds in the late nineties, working particularly with Brolgas.
He now works closely with farmers on several of hundreds of properties
in NSW and Victoria Riverina.

The talk will be held at our usual venue, downstairs at the theatrette
at Strathcona BG Grammar School, Scott St, Canterbury, Melbourne
(Melways Ref. 46 D12).

Cheers,

Tim Dolby

Convenor, Birds Australia Victoria