birding-aus

New Subscriber Features

To: birding aus <>
Subject: New Subscriber Features
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 14:23:50 +1000
Hi all

At long last, we have some rather nice new features you can utilise as a Birding-Aus subscriber. You might like to bookmark the following page that takes you to the Birding-Aus subscriber area on the Vicnet website.

1. PASSWORD You can now set yourself a password to use with the list. This gives you access to where you can change your member settings etc. If you don't already have a password, you can go to the member login page, enter your email address, and the system will generate a random password for you. YOU CAN CHANGE THIS any time you login. If you need a hand with this you can ask me to set you up with a password of your choice. It will cost you $5 a time (no - just kidding - but please don't all ask me to do this as I have a real job I must get back to now...)

2. NO MAIL - stay subscribed, but just turn mail off for a while if you need to go away. Then you can reactivate birding-aus mail by going to the member page and clicking one box. It's a quicker method than unsubscribing then resubscribing.

3.  DIGEST - Daily digests are now available.

4.  You can set digests to MIME or PLAIN TEXT

5. You can get a special acknowledgement email once your message is delivered [OFF by default]

6. CONCEAL your email address on the subscriber list

There are a few other features as well, but not all are turned on yet, or are just being tested for a while.

I hope this makes the Birding-Aus experience a little smoother for everyone!

Cheers

Russell

Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus List Owner