birding-aus

Corellas and Galahs

To: "Chris Sanderson" <>, "Birding-aus (E-mail)" <>
Subject: Corellas and Galahs
From: "Karen" <>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 18:51:02 +1000

That is a GHASTLY story!!

We once stayed at a farm b&b around Gundagai... on hearing I was a birdwatcher the farmer told me a story about his last overseas guest. A large flock of cockatoos were making a racket around the accommodation very early one morning. The farmer went out with his gun to get rid of them thinking they'd be disturbing the guest's sleep and standing out on the lawn in his pjs was the guest videotaping the birds in absolute awe!! Needless to say, the farmer quietly put his gun away and went back indoors.

So maybe we need to travel around filming them and they'll think twice about doing dastardly deeds to them!

Cheers,
Karen.