birding-aus

RFI - Perth

To: John Tongue <>
Subject: RFI - Perth
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:31:55 +0800
You'll almost definetely get all of the birds you mentioned if you head up
Great Eastern Highway and visit John Forrest National Park. Not inner Perth,
but not too far either. If you go to the carpark (small fee for entry) and
take a wander along the paths there you should find your birds and more pretty
quick, about the only toughie there is the Western Rosella, and white-tailed
black cockatoos could be around in droves or nowhere to be seen, you could see
them anywhere in Perth really.

For inner city, you can't go past Lake Monger and Herdsman, the nearby
Jackadder Lake and Glendalough Open Space are also worth a peek. Loads of
waterfowl and a few bush birds around the place.

And right near the airport is Garvey Park which runs along the river. On the
opposite side of the river to Garvey Park is Ashfield Flats, which is also
usually a decent little birdwalk.

Belinda