birding-aus

Hmmmm!

To: "Graham Turner" <>
Subject: Hmmmm!
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:11:13 +1100

While we are on the topic of The New Inventors show, and  inventions that would risk wildlife lives...

Last year they had an invention to stop  bodies of water (dams/reservoirs)  from evaporating, by spreading huge covers over the water and sowing it together with a machine.

A great application for toxic waste water, but what about anything that lived in, or on the water???

"Graham Turner" <>
Sent by:

24/03/2006 03:55 PM
Please respond to
"Graham Turner" <>

"Baus" <>
cc
Subject
Re: [BIRDING-AUS] Hmmmm!

At least this is a real threat. I was watching The New Inventors on ABC on Tuesday when an invention for stopping birds perching on light poles etc was being shown. Great idea, however the inventor was saying that one of the benefits of his invention was to reduce the risk of bird flu as migratory birds wouldn't be pooping on people cars.

Be alert, not silly.

Cheers
Graham Turner