birding-aus

Mission Beach news

To: <>
Subject: Mission Beach news
From: "Andrew Thelander" <>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:27:41 +1000
Hello folks
I spoke to Adrian Walker at Mission Beach today.  He tells me there is a new tempest in town - at least 70 Red-tailed black-cockatoos are eating fallen Beach Almond fruit along the beachfront.  They are marching around people's yards picking up the fruit.
Good news is that the Licuala palms in many areas have survived well.  They are heavily in flower and Adrian thinks they may well fruit in about May.  Cassowaries love the fruit.
Regards
Andrew