birding-aus

Australia, here I come

To: <>
Subject: Australia, here I come
From: "Drew Fulton" <>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:29:28 -0500
Greetings Birding-Aus,
    A couple months back I sent out an email introducing myself and a fellowship that I was applying for that would allow me to spend a year photographing birds in Australia, particularly endemics.  Well, its finally March and I heard back from the fellowship this week and I got it!  I will be arriving sometime in mid to late July and spending a year travelling the country photographing birds.  I have really enjoyed reading this list for the past few months and can't wait to see some of these birds and places I have been reading about.  Over the next four months I will begin to put together an itinerary and really study the birds to get a feel of what/where/when/etc.  I imagine I will have a lot of questions in the next few months and I hope I won't become too much of a nuisance.
    I also wanted to thank Russell who was very helpful with my questions as well as a number of others who have volunteered to offer their expertise.  I am greatful for all the support and encouragement you all have shown to a kid from the States who really knows very little about your birdlife.  Can't wait to put faces with names and get started.  Talk to you all soon and thanks again for the help.

Best,
Drew

---------
Drew Fulton