birding-aus

Development in the Hunter Estuary

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Development in the Hunter Estuary
From: "Chris Sanderson" <>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 16:07:29 +1000
Hi all,

I peruse the EPBC act notifications semi-regularly, and have been aware of a development in the Hunter region for some time.  The proposal has finally been released for public comment, however is only available in hard copy at the locations listed below.  Seeing as how I'm in Brisbane, it's not likely I can get to any of these before the 24th of March, the deadline for comments.  I'm hoping that some Birding-Aus person may live in the region of Cessnock, Newcastle or Parkes and might duck over and have a look at the proposal and maybe let the rest of us know if there's anything particularly objectionable for birders in there.  This development in particular has the potential to affect Regent Honeyeater movements.

More information on the history of this proposal is available at:

The locations where the current proposal is available are:

Cessnock City Council

62–78 Vincent Street

Cessnock   NSW   2325

Cessnock Library

65-67 Vincent Street

Cessnock   NSW   2325

Department of Environment and Conservation

117 Bull Street

Newcastle   NSW   2300

Department of the Environment and Heritage

John Gorton Building

King Edward Terrace

Parkes   NSW   2600

Regards,