birding-aus

huge numbers of feeding Channel-Billed Cuckoos

Subject: huge numbers of feeding Channel-Billed Cuckoos
From: "jade welch" <>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:52:34 +1000
Keith,

Thanks for the reply. What i found to be most interesting is the fact that i spotted no young birds amoungst the flock and that last year we saw so many youngsters being fed by their foster parents yet we have seen no evidence of breeding this year. Maybe they are being a little more secrative this year. Anyway they were back there again today and a pleasure to watch.

Yours Sincerely
Mr Jade Welch
Gold Coast,
Queensland