birding-aus

Gherrulla Falls track

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Gherrulla Falls track
From: "Dam Lamb" <>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:01:13 +1000
Had another crack at my new bogey bird, the Surreptitious Fruit-Dove, along the Gherrulla Falls track this morning. Fewer birds , both in species and numbers.Did manage to find the nest of a Pale-yellow Robin and again saw Topknots and heard Rose-crowned Fruit-Dove but nary a sniff of the desired target.
Had to console myself with a good sighting of a Logrunner at the nearby Linda Garrett Conservation Park.There is now a series of newly signed and connected walking paths across the Blackall Range known collectively as the Great Walk, though I can't for the life of me see the connection with communist China (oops, or was that the Great March???)

Russ Lamb,Maleny,SEQ