birding-aus

Submitting data - Atlas of Victorian Wildlife (2)

Subject: Submitting data - Atlas of Victorian Wildlife (2)
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 11:44:02 +1100

Some information for all those list members who do any birding in Victoria.

Last month I encouraged people to send their observations to the Atlas of Victorian Wildlife (AVW) to assist in the management of our birdlife but did not explicitly provide contact details for my colleagues here who work in the atlas section.

The Atlas of Victorian Wildlife can be contacted by way of the following address:

My colleagues are happy to provide details on
- how to submit data (full instructions including electronic templates etc) and
- the sorts of information that becomes available to data providers once they are registered.

Remember also that it is part of my role to
- answer all questions regarding threatened species in Victoria (distribution, abundance, declines etc) and
- provide information on threatened species identified under the Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act (conservation assessments etc.

cheers, Martin

Note: If you already submit your (Victorian) observations to the Birds Australia Atlas then there is no need to also send the same data to the AVW.

Martin O'Brien
Threatened Species & Communities Section
Department of Sustainability and Environment
2/8 Nicholson St. (PO Box 500), East Melbourne  3002

Tel: 9637 9869
(prefixes: Interstate 03 International 613)