birding-aus

RFI Important Bird Areas (IBA)

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: RFI Important Bird Areas (IBA)
From: Tim Dolby <>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 10:37:26 +1100
The good news in Victoria is that Terrick Terrick National Park and Gabo Island (500 metres off the coast of Croajingalong National Park) have officially been accepted as Important Bird Areas. BA in Victoria is coordinating the process for Vic IBAs, and is currently working through a number of other sites.

A major element of IBA development is community participation.  If anyone would like to participate in this process in Victoria please contact me.

Tim

wrote:

Thanks to everyones comments on my query re IBAs. I was just curious as to what was happening since I read about the 12 Northern Qld IBAs over a year ago on a website.

Cheers
Marnix