birding-aus

Proposed Christmas & Cocos Trip May 06

Subject: Proposed Christmas & Cocos Trip May 06
From: richard baxter <>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:55:01 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,
              I am heading off to Christmas Island and the Cocos Islands (Australian territories) for an 8 Day trip commencing the 1 May 06.  The itinerary is:

01 May - PERTH/COCOS
3nights on Cocos
04 May ? COCOS to CHRISTMAS
4nights on Christmas
08 May - CHRISTMAS/PERTH (via Cocos)
I?ve previously visited both islands and seen all the endemics.  This trip will be to search for some other more rarer species but will still most likely see all the endemics during the week.  I have picked this time of year as the cyclone season would have just finished.
If your interested in coming along and sharing car hire, accom etc please reply directly.

Regards
Richard Baxter
Newcastle