birding-aus

NSW - Sydney (Malabar) - Orange Chat still here

To: <>
Subject: NSW - Sydney (Malabar) - Orange Chat still here
From: "Frank Hemmings" <>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:20:31 +1100
Hi All,

For those interested (and that seems to be very few, come on, surely some more people are?), I saw the female Orange Chat again yesterday at 5:50pm, and from 6:10-6:30pm. Same area as mentioned in an earlier email. This was after two previosuly unsucessful attempts.

Definitely an Orange Chat female - yesterday offered different (overcast) lighting conditions which showed the colours differently; the rump appeared more orange, and the eye is deifinitely dark. Although there are lots of Silvereyes and Superb Fairy-wrens flitting about there, it's still quite distinctive in colour from some angles, and the typical chat style of flight is also a giveaway. Trying to look through all the grazing horses offered a new challenge!

Please see earlier email for more details, and I can send people further directions if you email me (or phone 04040293536). Cheers.

Frank

Frank Hemmings
Curator
John T. Waterhouse Herbarium
School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences
University of New South Wales
UNSW SYDNEY 2052
AUSTRALIA

Tel +61 2 9385 3274