birding-aus

Mynahs - A proposal

Subject: Mynahs - A proposal
From: Evan Beaver <>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:41:31 +1100
Concerned Birders

So after a little poking from the list I've finally got off my bottom and done some of my own research. Apparently, there's a pretty good trap available for mynahs, that has the capacity of sorting the mynahs and starlings from the 'good' birds, and only trapping the 'bad' ones. here's a link:

http://www.mynamagnet.com/

So, I propose a consortium of like minded and geographically similair people get together and purchase one, shifting it from house to house from week to week, trapping mynahs as we go. As an example, the Blue Mountains people could get together and buy one, and shift it from yard to yard as needed. I'm happy to do the required training to work the thing, and show others or catch the buggers myself. What do you think? There's a fair bit of evidence that these things work, I might as well put my money where my mouth is.

Evan
Lapstone, Blue Mountains