birding-aus

Best Christmas Day Birds

Subject: Best Christmas Day Birds
From: "Peter Ewin" <>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 10:39:01 +1100
After having Christmas dinner on Saturday nigfht and a late breakfast yesterday I drove back to Griffith from Orange on Christmas Day afternoon (Unfortunately I get to work this week). However, it did give me a chance to some birdwatching along the way with the best birds in the following order. 3. Grey-crowned Babbler - seen at a number of locations including Caragabal, Marsden and near Wyalong 2. Superb Parrot - 3 were unfortuntaely found road killed near Canomodine Reserve (east of Canowindra), but about 8 including juveniles, were seen at the same location, and a couple more were seen about 1km further west 1. I stopped a couple of times in suitable habitat and finally got one calling in Boree (Acacia pendula) on the Newell Highway about 20km east of Wyalong.

Still lots of White-browed Woodswallows, Budgerigars and Cockatiels around Weethale/Rankin Springs.

Does anyone else have any good Christmas Day birds?
Cheers,
Peter