birding-aus

RFI Hattah etc

To: "'Jennifer Spry'" <>
Subject: RFI Hattah etc
From: "Bob Cook" <>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:29:45 +1100
Jennifer

You could try for Malleefowl along the Nowingi, Konardin and Mallee Tracks
in the Hattah NP, (we encountered a pair right at the junction of Mallee
Track and Nowingi Track a few months ago) and you could also ask at the
visitors centre (if it is manned) if they know of any recent sightings.

Also, a good trip is going out along the Trinita Track (goes West off the
Calder Highway about 12kms South of Hattah) out to and past Wymlet Tank.  We
have seen Striated Grasswren and Red-lored Whistler past Wymlet Tank as well
as good birding around the Tank itself (which is really just a dam, not a
tank.

Be careful up here if it is hot, we are expecting 42 degrees today!!

Bob Cook
Mildura  VIC.