birding-aus

2005 National 24 Hour Twitchathon Results

Subject: 2005 National 24 Hour Twitchathon Results
From: Tim Dolby <>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:41:58 +1100
Hi birders and sports fans,

See below the combined final results for the 2005 National Birds
Australia 24 Hour Twitchathon.

Results have been determined using the Modified Dolby System : Team
score = team total / state average of past winning scores x100. For
example 227 / 204.4 x 100 = 112

Results

1. Whacked-out Woodswallows 112 (NSW - 229) (National & NSW
Champion)
2. Hunter Home Brewers 111 (NSW - 227) (National & NSW Runner-up)
3. Seven-Year Twitchers 98.7 (Vic - 192) (Victorian Champion)
4. Black-necked Stalkers 98.3 (NSW - 201)
5. Hunter Thickhead 98.3 (NSW - 201)
6. Dodgy Drongos 95.9 (NSW - 196)
7. Central Coast Champions 90.5 (NSW - 185)
8. Twitchity Grubs 87.9 (Vic - 171) (Victorian Runner-up)
9. Common Loudmouths 82.8 (Vic - 161)
10. Cheerful Drongos 81.2 (NSW - 166)
11. Ninox Ninkompoops 79.2 (Vic - 154)
12. Once Bittern 77.8 (NSW - 159)
13. Grey Toilet Thrushes 76.8 (NSW - 157)
14. CODS 58.7 (NSW - 120)
15. Speckled Dawdlers 57.2 (NSW - 117)

2005 NSW & ACT 24 hour results

Whacked-out Woodswallows 229
Hunter Home Brewers 227
Black-necked Stalkers 201
Hunter Thickhead 201
Dodgy Drongos 196
Central Coast Champions 185
Cheerful Drongos 166
Once Bittern 159
Grey Toilet Thrushes 157
CODS 120
Speckled Dawdlers 117

NSW & ACT 24 hour results last ten years: average 204.4

2005 229 Whacked-out Woodswallows
2004 220 Hunter Home Brewers
2003 222 Whacked Out Woodswallows
2002 197 Whacked-out Woodswallows
2001 218 Whacked-out Woodswallows
2000 203 Grey Toilet Thrushes
1999 185 Grey Toilet Thrushes
1998 178 Central Coast Champions & No GST
1997 211 NICMOOKTH (surveyed across northern NSW)
1996 181 Grey Toilet Thrushes

2005 Victorian 24 hr results

Seven Year Twitchers 192
Twitchity Grubs 171
Common Loudmouths 161
Ninox Ninkompoops 154

Victorian 24 hour results last 10 years: average 194.5

2005 192 Seven Year Twitchers
2004 200 Bush Turkeys
2003 174 Tick Tock Twins
2002 175 Tick Tock Twins
2001 211 The Bush Turkeys
2000 211 The Bush Turkeys
1999 205 Common Driving Petrelheads
1998 180 Common Driving Petrelheads
1997 195 Very Serious Birdwatchers
1996 202 Rhinocerous Thornbills

I have not yet to receive any results from Queensland. These can be
collated if and when they come in. There is also room for New Zealand
results to be incorporated into the system. They race in January.

Note: the above system allows individual teams to enter and compete in a
national twitchathon despite no existing state competition. For example
we could have single teams racing from NT, SA, WA or Tasmania. (We will
need to work out how we determine state average.) There may also be room
to establish regional group twitchathon averages, such Far-North
Queensland and Southern Queensland.

Cheers,

Tim