birding-aus

RFI Malleefowl

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: RFI Malleefowl
From: "Doug Holly" <>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:01:58 +1030
I have seen lots of flying Malleefowl, flushed by walking, cycling and driving a vehicle, they have always flown long distance ( out of sight) and one I flushed by vehicle from the top a of a sand hill, I watched it fly about one kilometre, I would consider them strong flyers, they usually fly straight up to above the canopy height and disappear, I flushed one in a wheat field that flew several hundred metres to the mallee and then kept going out of sight.
Doug Holly