birding-aus

Buller´s shearwater

To: <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>
Subject: Buller´s shearwater
From: "Gunnar Engblom (Kolibri Expeditions)" <>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:16:21 -0500

On yesterdays pelagic off Lima we had our first Buller's Albatross Thalassarche bulleri for the Lima pelagics since the start in 2000 at the chumming point some 35 nmiles off the Callao port. It was a juvenile.

A photo can be seen on www.birding-peru.com under ID.
Next pelagic is confirmed on Nov 20.

There is a nice search function on the BirdingPeru data base where you can search for sightings of different species. I have uploaded almost all of our past pelagcis to the data base.

See:

http://www.birdingperu.com/masterperu/exp_sighting.asp

Robert Flood is preparing an article on pelagics from Lima to be featured in Birding World magazine . If you have good quality pictures from any pelagic in this region – especially from Lima please contact Robert m("hotmail.com","lesserkestrel2002");">

Saludos cordiales,

Gunnar Engblom

Gunnar Engblom-Lima, Peru.

Kolibri Expeditions

http://www.kolibriexpeditions.com

www.birding-peru.com - checklist and data-base. Record your sightings on-line, forum, pictures, identification, Expedition Birding, etc.

Tel: +51 1 4765016 cel: 51-1-96437749 or 99007886