birding-aus

Bush stone curlews SE Qld

To: <>
Subject: Bush stone curlews SE Qld
From: "Col and Chris" <>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 18:28:53 +1000
On Sat 22/10 my wife and I saw two adult bush stone curlews with two chicks in the carpark at Victoria Point (south east bayside suburb of Brisbane). The chicks were about 1/4-1/3 size of the adults so i believe they would have only been 1-2 weeks old.....
This is a busy area with boats being launched and people using the picnic area and many cars. We have seen adult BSC here on a number of occasions over the last ten years but this is the first time we have seen chicks. It is great to see them surviving and breeding in this urban location.
    Col Fitzell.