birding-aus

Fairy Terns

To: "'Birding-Aus'" <>
Subject: Fairy Terns
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:45:28 +0930

Following John Turner's notes yesterday a couple of us went off the Henley Beach at the Torrens Outflow. Got there about 4.15pm to find only about 13 on the beach but with many flying around and diving. We stayed for about 15 mins by which time there were 30 on the beach and a few still flying. Had very good views of them by going a bit north of them and getting the sun nearly behind us. Most appeared to be in or near breeding plumage. My companion was very pleased to get them for her South Oz 2005 year list.

Thanks for the mail John.
Tony Russell