|Subject:||GPS survey to finish|
|Date:||Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:23:12 +1000|
Just a final reminder to those who use a GPS while birding and still haven't provided their responses to me.
I've received over 30 replies to date and will endeavour to summarise peoples experiences for the list by tomorrow or Monday next week. Some interesting findings.
1. Which MAKE and MODEL GPS? - Which GPS did you buy
2. What type of retailer did you purchase your GPS from?
3. How much did you pay?
4. Why did you buy that particular make and model? (compact?, cheap?, easy to use, only one available?..)
5. Is it EASY to use? (yes/no and why)
6. In your opinion, what are the good points/features for this make/model?
7. Are there any problems or difficulties with the unit? (battery usage, complex to understand, hard to read screen, inadequate instructions...?)
8. Do you just use your GPS for determining grid and locality references or do you also download data gathered into you pc for home or work?
9. Would you recommend your GPS to others?
10. Comments - any other comments?
11. Does your GPS work under heavy forest cover
|<Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread>|
|Previous by Date:||I and the bird #8, Duncan Fraser|
|Next by Date:||Killer Kingfisher, Birding Services Brisbane|
|Previous by Thread:||I and the bird #8, Duncan Fraser|
|Next by Thread:||Killer Kingfisher, Birding Services Brisbane|
|Indexes:||[Date] [Thread] [Top] [All Lists]|