birding-aus

Request for photos of birds feeding on weed fruits

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Request for photos of birds feeding on weed fruits
From: "Gosper Carl" <>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:41:56 +1000
Hi all,

I conduct research on the role birds play in the spread of fleshy-fruited
invasive plants. We are planning a media release next week (mainly focussed on
managing the movement of seeds from gardens to bushland) and are seeking
appropriate photos to supply to reporters on request to accompany the story.
Does anyone have photos of native birds feeding on weed fruits (like Camphor
Laurel, Bitou Bush, Lantana, Blackberry, Bridal Creeper etc) that we could use
in this way (with acknowledgement of course). Please email me direct.

Cheers
Carl Gosper
Post-doctoral Fellow (Ecology of Bird-dispersed Weeds)
CRC for Australian Weed Management
Alan Fletcher Research Station
Dept. of Natural Resources and Mines
PO Box 36, SHERWOOD QLD 4075, Australia
Ph. (07) 33750751 Fax. (07) 33796815
Email:
Website: http://www.nrm.qld.gov.au/science/research_stations.html

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.
computer system network.