birding-aus

BA Public Seminar & Newhaven Art Exhibition (Vic)

Subject: BA Public Seminar & Newhaven Art Exhibition (Vic)
From: Tim Dolby <>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:58:12 +1000
G'day birders,

The next Melbourne public seminar of Birds Australia is on this
Thursday, 13 October at 8:00pm. We are very fortunate to have as our
guest speaker Julian Fennessy of the Australian Bush Heritage Fund.
Jullian will provide an overview of Bush Heritage, its goals and
objectives, but will focus on birds and the volunteer ranger program,
the reserves and monitoring on these. It will be held at our usual
venue: down stairs at the theatrette at Strathcona BG Grammar School,
Scott St, Canterbury, Melbourne (Melways. Ref. 46, D12).

I would also like to remind birding-aussers that highly acclaimed
Newhaven Art Exhibition finishes this Friday at the Uber Gallery 52
Fitzroy St, St Kilda - so you had better hurry if you want to see it.
Artists include Nic Day and Bruce Armstrong, who produced the statue of
Banjil, the large white eagle, near the Docklands Stadium.) The Age
reviews the exhibition at
http://www.theage.com.au/news/arts/art-finds-wings-in-spirit-of-land/2005/10/05/1128191779691.html

For more information see http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au/newhavenart/

Cheers,