birding-aus

Adelaide to Katoomba

Subject: Adelaide to Katoomba
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:52:52 +1000
   Hi all,
   We have arrived in Katoomba in cold and windy conditions.
   Highlights of our trip across have been Regent Parrots and a White-necked
Heron at Tooleybuc, a Pink Cockatoo & Banded Lapwings east of Hay and
Cockatiels east of Goolgowi. Sought after Superb Parrots did not eventuate at
the previously reported locations east of Goolgowie. However, east of Cowra at
a lunch- stop, large long-tailed parrots started appearing, and we soon had a
long and close view of a group of 10 Superb Parrots [5m, 5f] in a tall eucalypt
right near the car. Location was just off the highway towards Woodstock ["Reg
Hailstone Way"], GPS WGS84 S 33d 43m 40s, E148d 50m 06s.
John & Nancy
Katoomba