birding-aus

Fwd: [OB] Field guides for use in Thailand

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Fwd: [OB] Field guides for use in Thailand
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 22:18:27 +1000
For those who may be of interest

Carl Clifford

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Philip D. Round" <>
Date: 10 September 2005 5:10:11 PM
Cc: "Bird Conservation Society of Thailand" <m("bcst.or.th","bcst");">>
Subject: [OB] Field guides for use in Thailand

For those who are interested, I'd like to mention that Lekagul & Round, A Guide to the Birds of Thailand, is once again available in Bangkok bookshops.  It appears that the Lekagul family are now selling off what stock they have.  My understanding is that they are unlikely to print any more.

Those wishing to order copies by mail might usefully patronise the services of Bird Conservation Society of Thailand (the Thai BirdLife partner) and order copies from them, since it seems the only direct benefits accruing to conservation from sales of this book will be from the small profit made through sales by BCST and other conservation bodies.  BCST's e-mail is m("bcst.or.th","bcst");">

I should emphasise that this is not a new printing, so there is no additional information contained therein.  Craig Robson's A Field Guide to the Birds of Thailand has the obvious advantages that the maps, species listing for the country, and  taxonomy are more or less up to date, whereas those in L & R date from 1989.

Regards,

Philip D. Round

Assistant Professor

Department of Biology,
Faculty of Science,
Mahidol University,
Rama 6 Road,
Bangkok 10400
Thailand

Tel. 66-2-201-5278 (office); 66-2-445-7306 (home)
Fax 66-2-455-1616
mobile 01-914-8675

This group is run in association with the Oriental Bird Club. To find out more about the Club and its conservation work, and to become a member, please visit www.orientalbirdclub.org
Yahoo! Groups Links