birding-aus

Laurie Levy at the next BA Public Seminar (Thursday) Take 2!

Subject: Laurie Levy at the next BA Public Seminar (Thursday) Take 2!
From: Tim Dolby <>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 08:29:21 +1000
Hi all - take 2,

Just a quick note to let you know that the next Melbourne public seminar
of Birds Australia is on Thursday 8 September, at 8:00pm.

As our guest speaker we have one of Australia's leading conservation
activists, Laurie Levy of the Coalition Against Duck Hunting.

In his talk entitled ?Recreational shooting of native waterbirds? Laurie
will speak about the many changes since the campaign to ban recreational
shooting started in 1986. Western Australia banned the recreational
shooting of native waterbirds in 1990 and NSW followed with a ban in
1995, lead shot has now been banned in most states and is being phased
out in the others and that public opinion has been responsible for the
positive changes that have taken place.

The talk will be held at our usual venue: down stairs at the theatrette
at Strathcona BG Grammar School, Scott St, Canterbury, Melbourne
(Melways. Ref. 46, D12).

I would also like to remind birding-aussers about the forthcoming
Congress & Campout in Bendigo, which starts on Friday September 30th.
Registration numbers have been filling quickly, so I recommend that you
place your registration as soon as possible. For more information on how
to register please see the Congress web site at
http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au/congress

Cheers,

Tim Dolby
Birds Australia ­ Victoria