birding-aus

Brown Songlark in Tasmania

To: <>
Subject: Brown Songlark in Tasmania
From: "Rohan Clarke" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:49:31 +1000
Hi all,

A week ago while in the North-east of Tasmania near Cape Portland I
photographed a non-breeding male Brown Songlark on some coastal
saltmarsh. I would have thought that given this species moves southwards
in spring/summer that they would occasionally turn up in Tasmania proper
(or at least perhaps on Flinders or King Island in Bass Strait). I've
made a quick check of a few references but can't find any records of
Brown Songlarks in the state. Is anybody aware of records of this
species in Tasmania?

Regards
Rohan

Dr Rohan Clarke
Zoologist
mobile: 0429 792 906

Biosis Research Pty. Ltd.
Natural and Cultural Heritage Consultants
38 Bertie Street (PO Box 489)
Port Melbourne, Vic  3207
ph: (03) 9646 9499
fax: (03) 9646 9242