birding-aus

A Winter Afternoon

To: "Reg Clark" <>, "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: A Winter Afternoon
From: "Bill Jolly" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:22:39 +1000
One of those amazing moments Reg! Thanks for sharing it.

I've read it twice already, and I'm about to read it again.

Once a raptor has gone to the lengths of picking something out, and
launching a successful assault, (which is only one in every so many, after
all), they really don't like letting go do they?

The combined intercession of you and the Raven still wasn't enough to make
it leave its meal. I guess we're all a bit like that, once something was in
front of you on the plate, if somebody came and took it away you'd follow
them round the room to get it back - I know I would.

Thanks again. I'm just going to go and read it to Eileen.

All the best

Bill Jolly

"Abberton",
Lockyer Valley, Queensland.