birding-aus

Migrant arrivals

To: <>
Subject: Migrant arrivals
From: "alan morris" <>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 14:29:13 +1000
Hi  Birders,
Today (14/08/05) at Chittaway Bay, Tuggerah Lakes on the Central Coast, I saw my first two Sharp-tailed Sandpipers for the spring.

In 2004, the first ones seen on the Central Coast were at Picnic Point 5/9/04 but the first ones for Newcastle-Sydney-Wollongong were at Homebush Bay on 14/8/04! Same day last year as thuis year!

The past 10 years the arrivals have been as follows:

1995     Sep?
1996    17/9
1997    3/9
1998    14/9
1999    12/9
2000    7/9
2001    18/9
2002    7/8
2003    22/8
2004    5/9
2005    14/8

Om Thursday 11/8/05 I heard and saw my first singing Rufous Whistler for the spring at the Ash Island Rainforest Revegetation site and my first Central Coast Fairy Martin on 12/8/05 at Tuggerah.

Alan Morris