birding-aus

BA Public Seminar

Subject: BA Public Seminar
From: Tim Dolby <>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:34:28 +1000
Hi birding-aussers,

The next Melbourne public seminar of Birds Australia is on Thursday 11
August 2005 at 8:00pm.

We are very fortunate to have as our guest speaker Peter Walcott, who
will be talking about the hot topic of ?Birds and Public Policy: Port
Phillip Bay Dredging Impacts?.

Peter Wolcott is driving Birds Australia participation in the
environmental impact assessment of the proposed Port Phillip Bay
dredging process. He will describe the possible impacts on birds and how
the public policy impact process works. Highlights include the potential
for devastation of the Phillip Island Penguin
Colony, severe disruption of feeding areas of migrating sea and shore
birds and scenarios for the ecological death of the Bay.

The talk will be held at our usual venue: down stairs at the theatrette
at Strathcona BG Grammar School, Scott St, Canterbury, Melbourne
(Melways Ref 46 D12).

By the way, it is also time to start thinking about ?thon ?05, which
will be held 6 and 7 November 2005. If you have any questions about how
to participate in the 2005 Victorian Twitchathon please do not hesitate
to contact me on (03) 9489 3830 or email

Please note also the availability of the registration form for the Birds
Australia 2005 Congress & Campout in Bendigo from the official Congress
website at http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au/congress

Regards,

Tim Dolby
For more information on the Birds Australia 'Newhaven Art Exhibition'
see: http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au/newhavenart