birding-aus

Eaglehawk Pelagic Weekend

Subject: Eaglehawk Pelagic Weekend
From: richard baxter <>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 18:49:08 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,
            I have organised another two days at sea off Eaglehawk Tassie on the weekend of the 3/4 Sept 05 and have three vacancies remaining.  Cost is $90 per day and BYO lunch.  We  usually share car hire from Hobart and getting to and from the boat each morning.
There are plenty of cheap airfares at the moment.
The shelf is only 30min off Eaglehawk and we will be spending (depending on weather) all day in deep water over the shelf on both days. Departing 7am returning 4pm each day.
Birds seen on the last four Sept trips from Eaglehawk. 2001-2004 are:
Little Penguin, Common Diving Petrel,  Southern Giant-Petrel, Nothern Giant-Petrel,
Cape Petrel , SOUTHERN FULMAR 4,  BLUE PETREL, Slender-billed Prion
Great-winged Petrel, White-headed Petrel, Antarctic Prion, Fairy Prion, GREY PETREL
White-chinned Petrel, Royal Albatross, Buller's Albatross,  Grey-backed Storm Petrel,
Grey-headed Albatross and Salvin's Albatross.

I have also booked the boat for Sat 24th Sept 05 and have a couple of vacancies on that day.

Regards
Richard Baxter