birding-aus

Western Treatment Plant Werribee, Victoria

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Western Treatment Plant Werribee, Victoria
From: "Shirley Cameron" <>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:03:49 +1000
I guess you could say it was a "B" of a day. It was drizzling, the wind was blowing and it was cold. We had a visitor from Norway with us.
 Just as we were told we saw the Bitten, on the coast road not far from the Borrow Pits.
The Black Swan were congregating near the Outfall.  Then there was the White-Bellied Sea-eagle just standing on the Little River Ford.  In Walsh's Lagoon there were 7 Bar-tailed Godwits keeping the Black-winged Stilts company.
Two Cape Barren Geese were on the small island in Lake Borrie, I wonder if they are nesting there again this year?
Out from the Hide there were many shorebirds feeding, Curlew Sandpipers and lots of Red-necked Stints.  Was good to shelter there and enjoy a cup of coffee.  There were a few White-Browed Scrubwren flitting about outside the hide.
The Brolga was in Ryan's Lagoon and again the Black kite was flying near to the Plantation on South Road.
 There was a Peregrine in the dead trees at Ryan's Lagoon.
All in all it turned out to be a beauty day!

 Shirley Cameron
Werribee
3030

Upgrade Your Email - Click here!