birding-aus

Re: RE: [BIRDING-AUS] Possums and cats

Subject: Re: RE: [BIRDING-AUS] Possums and cats
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:28:37 +1100

Thanks Marian, I have to agree with you on that score.  The last thing our former neighbour's cat ever did was catch and kill a buff breasted paradise kingfisher, after which it was given the 12 gauge treatment suggested by a birder for the raven yesterday.

Here's to cat owners who have 'cat runs' in their yards which stop cats from doing only what comes naturally to them - hunting.  A big boo to the cat owners who blindly profess "my cat would never catch birds or wildlife" when they let their cats run freely at night or to the irresponsible owners of cats who dump kittens in the rainforest areas like the one I lived in the hills behind Cairns.

I don't wish ill of any animal but I have to admit I have been heartbroken to see an Emerald Dove torn apart by a feral cat in the rainforest.

Still, I could go further with this but in the best interest of all, I will stop here.

:-)

Sent by:

14/07/2005 08:57 AM